CT scans of important antiques, collectibles and artefacts provide a detailed 3D image analysis of the integrity and internal structure of valuable items.
Commonly requested reasons for scanning can include:
- Assessment of suspected repairs and restoration
- Guidance for archaeological excavation
- Further assessment of internal integrity and structure
- Assessment for ‘hidden’ unexpected internal features
- Item authentication
- Insurance purposes – documentation of item structure and integrity
- Peace of mind
- Documentation and archiving of a museum or personal collection
- Image preparation for publication or promotion
- To create an image for 3D printing
CT scans can assess the entire piece – without causing damage to items.
They can reveal important internal findings that may otherwise be hidden or unknown.
A CT scan may provide an ‘internal signature’ helping identify and authenticate a highly valued piece.
Materials that are able to be scanned may include:
- some metals (depending on density)
We provide a discrete private CT scan service for your needs, utilising the latest CT scanning technology for your important pieces and antiquities.
Contact us for a discussion, an opinion and a quotation regarding your piece.